Proper occlusion, or the way teeth bite together, and the relationship to the TMJ (jaw joints) is essential for long term dental health and stability. Dr. Greco understands the importance of this delicate balance and can treat occlusal problems with a variety of dental modalities:
1) Occlusal Bite Guard – This device protects the teeth, dental restorations, and jaw joints from the destructive forces of grinding, clenching, and/or improper bite relationship.
2) Occlusal Equilibration – The process of conservatively correcting an uneven bite relationship by precisely adjusting specific teeth.
3) Invisalign Invisible Braces – These braces help move poorly positioned teeth into correct bite relationship.
4) Dental Rehabilitation – This procedure changes some or all of the biting surfaces of teeth with improper bite relationships by placing implant crowns, crowns or onlays.
5) Combination Therapy – By using a combination of Occlusal Equilibration, Dental Rehabilitation, Invisalign and/or an Occlusal Bite Guard the proper occlusion can be achieved.
A balanced bite will be more comfortable, and will help your teeth last longer.